Red Fez is named after the incredible book The Big Red Fez by Seth Godin. It was one of the first books to come out in the early days of web design (2001), that really defined what a ‘good’ website should be – or rather DO!
It defined the purpose of the website to be specifically responsible for effecting a change in someone – and to do it efficiently and professionally.
To quote Seth Godin:
“The thesis of the book is that the web is a direct marketing medium, something that can be measured and a tool that works best when the person who builds the page has a point of view… an effective website is created by someone who knows what she wants the user to do.”
At the time our Director (we call him the Grand Poobah) David Jardine had been working with direct response marketers to harness emerging technologies online, and turn them to converting the techniques and tactics of direct response selling – specifically direct mail. Seth’s book codified the strategies of direct response marketing into his version of the perfect web design criteria – and we still agree today.
Direct response marketing has one central tenant:
“One page, one action!”
This entails the removal of all other options or obstacles, including content that serves as nothing more than decoration, so that the sales process is clearly defined. It then becomes more esaily trackable, repeatable, scalable and reportable.
Beginning with creating marketing maverick Mal Emery’s first website in 1999, David recreated the sales letter and followup sequence for Mal’s “Business In A Box” product. By creating the website along the lines of direct response techniques, utitlising a multi-page site with a pre-determined sales path Mal was able to achieve $10,000 in sales in the sites first weekend.
Since then we have worked with a varied mix of companies both in Australia and in the USA including several high profile network marketing companies and lead generation firms. Some notable successes have included:
- Taking a private client in Los Angeles from $450,000 turnover per year to $1.8 Million per year in 12 months using my direct response strategies.
- Having that same tactic (and materials) mentioned in Time Magazine – yes that one!
- Taking a Point Of Sale merchant from getting an average of 5 leads per month to getting 3 – 5 leads per day.
- Working on the team that broke online recruiting records in the USA for a single product. That was very serious direct response marketing coupled with MLM online.
- Building a successful online membership website selling an information product, self-published, from zero to $2500 a month in less than three months.
- Tripling the number of Likes one Custom Facebook Page was receiving in under a week
- Creating and promoting event videos for clients on facebook, one with over 100,000 views for less than $1000 in ad spend.
- and lot’s more in between.
To find out how you can get results like these in your business in the next 30 days simply click the button below to schedule a Strategy Session today. A short 30 minute call will answer all your questions and see if we are a good fit to work together.
Work with us
Tell us about your project and let's start your business transformation
We’ve developed a wide range of projects, everything from small business sites all the way up to enterprise level government websites with hundreds of thousands of users. We’ve advised on many more projects, and helped many businesses make better decisions about what will work for them.
Send as much detail as you can, and let us know what the main problem is that you’re looking to solve so we can help you best.